Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New Camera!

**SQUEAL** My husband got me a new camera for my birthday!!!!!



My birthday isn't until Saturday but we're going to the Neuschwanstein Castle that day and will be gone the entire day.  Eric knew I'd have my face stuck in my camera (like usual) the entire time we're at the castle so he thought I should open it today so I could put it to good use.  Gosh, I love that man!

It's a Sony alpha 77 which is a "semi-professional" camera and is an upgrade from my alpha 33 that was discontinued not long after we purchased it.  I wish that I had gone with a Nikon or Canon when we purchased a DSLR three years ago, but I didn't know better and now I'm just gonna stick with Sony for as long as possible.  Besides, Sony suits my needs perfectly fine.  
It doesn't look like it in the picture, but the 77 is much bigger!  And has lots of fancy settings!  And the lenses I already have fit on the new body perfectly!  {But, I do have my eye on another professional series lens, but that might have to be a anniversary or Christmas gift.}

I know I've mentioned this in a blog post before but I feel like I should mention it again, I am not trying to be a professional photographer.  I reeaaally love taking pictures but I will never go any further than taking pictures of our travels and my little family.  I guess I feel like mentioning that will lessen y'all's expectations of my pictures ;o)

I am just giddy about this!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Nice birthday present :) Happy Birthday and have fun and enjoy your time at Germany's most beautiful castle. Please let us know if you liked it there :)

    ReplyDelete